Another "so easy" recipe. WHY didn't I do this sooner? Incredibly tasty. The cayenne gives an unexpected kick and can be adjusted to suit your taste. GO TEAM PORK!
- Pack of Brats - I like Johnsonville (uncooked)
- Beer - 2-3 cans or add water or apple juice to make up difference
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Take pack of brats and poke at them with a fork to pierce skin.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with the beer. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the beer, and allow to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a wire rack on top. (don't skip this step!! Too much grease otherwise)
- Toss the brown sugar and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut each bratwurst into bite sized pieces, and wrap each piece with a half strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Toss the bratwurst with the cayenne mixture to coat, then place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the bacon is brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Have your guests rave over the kitchen goddess you have become.