A special thanks to reader Nicole K. in Nevada for this amended Allrecipes.com Blueberry Pound Cake recipe. Reader tested and approved....I cannot wait to try this!
Blueberry Pound Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease a 10 inch tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle pan with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Mix 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Dredge blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour, then fold into batter Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely
Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, glass a milk, whatever you like. ENJOY :)